Center for Transportation Policy Studies
The Center for Transportation Policy Studies is dedicated to the study of transportation-related issues and policy. The objective of that research is to provide resources for transportation policy-makers in North Carolina and elsewhere. The center conducts research that results in efficient investments and sound decisions for multimodal transportation systems and services.
About the program
The Center for Transportation Policy Studies, headed by Dr. Edd Hauser, is dedicated to transportation study and research. The center serves as an invaluable resource for transportation policy-makers in North Carolina and elsewhere. The center’s objectives are to:
- Address issues that are relevant and timely so that the center's research can influence transportation policy;
- Conduct quality multidisciplinary research that is both scholarly and practical;
- Conduct research that affects future transportation investments and development patterns and promotes positive social change in the region and state;
- Disseminate completed research to professionals, practitioners, and policy-makers;
- Facilitate collaboration among researchers in various disciplines;
- Form partnerships among the university, local and state governments and private-sector transportation stakeholders.